NATURE Mediation course
You are a Primary teacher or an educator...
If you are here, it’s because you know that teaching with nature is good for your student’s cognitive development and ability to focus, to provide real world, inquiry-based learning, to bridge the gap with environmental incentives… Yes, the benefits are huge, but at the same time, teaching with nature can’ t be improvised (at least not at the beginning).
What if you could find help with all of this and get empowered to offer your students meaningful lessons in nature? What if you became the Nature Mediator in their lives?
FOR WHOM IS OUR TRAINING?
Our Nature Mediation course is aimed at all teachers in primary schools and educators, who want to:
- develop a deep and long lasting connection between children and the living world
- enrich their pedagogical approach with real-world, inquiry-based learning
- support children into developing essential life skills for today and tomorrow
- meet their programme expectations, with nature-based teaching
- match the PYP curriculum expectations
- give meaning to incentives for pro-environmental actions and nature protection
Our training course is available in the Netherlands, France and upon demand Belgium and Switzerland.
Take your firsts steps towards nature mediation
- Understand and appropriate the challenges of nature-based education for this new generation of children, and be able to answer families’ questions about it.
- get trained to the basics of the 7 Connection Gateways Pedagogy(c)
- be empowered to act as a role model when you are in nature
- be empowered to identify where your stand as a Nature Mediator and take your next steps to develop your practices
- receive support with your practical/logistical issues in the field
- be inspired to take the plunge and bring your students outdoors
Our training course is designed to offer you an opportunity to really change education, to take your first steps as a mediator between childhood and nature. It will help you find inspiration, lead you to acquire practical and pedagogical skills and thus to become autonomous to teach and connect children with the living world.
Everything you need to take the plunge:
- 3,5 hours of enriched workshops, supported by our Comprehensive guides to teach with nature
- 2,5 hours of demonstration and progressive support in the field
- 2 x 30 minutes of online support
Your tool kit for your first steps:
- 4 issues of the Comprehensive guide to teach with nature adapted to each season
- the 7 Connection Gateways key-ring,
- the 7 Connection Gateways radar to identify your skills in nature,
- the Poster of the 7 Connection Gateways for your classroom,
Do you have any questions? We invite you to make an online appointment with one of our team members, who can offer guidance and answer any question.
Participation to the training costs
Together, we reconnect the new generation to nature. Our training courses are cofinanced by Schools, Educational institutions and the Foundation.
The Foundation undertakes 15% of the training costs
Beneficiary participation :
€ 376,90* excl. VAT per teacher / educator
* Extra costs apply for extra field demonstration and visits (upon request).