Launch May 2018
Naya Nature was shaped by the vision of founder Aurélia Chevreul-Gaud that we could leverage a deeper connection to nature for children, so that they grow happier and into well-adjusted adults, in a world they feel they belong to, that they love and want to protect for their own good sake. In native american language, Naya means wisdom, spirit, guide. Aurelia is on a mission to empower children to change our world. Joining Naya Nature’s adventure, co-owner Claire Bano Devautour brings in invaluable knowledge of education and child development.
Founder and co-director at Naya Nature
- Founded Missions Coco in 2016 to promote nature-based education initiatives, such as Naya Nature.
- Specialized in nature-based education: Eveil & Nature + Living School
- Trained in Cooperation pedagogy: Colibri School
- Was a change-management consultant for ten years. From France. Speaks French, English and Spanish.
Claire Bano Devautour
Co-Director Naya Nature
- Education counselor for kids and adults
- Certificate in early childhood education.
- From France. Speaks French, English, Dutch and Tamil.
WHY NAYA ?
In native american language, Naya means wisdom, spirit, guide. It is for us a symbol of the way we look at children and the harmony between humans and nature.
WHY COCONUTS ?
The coconut seed has an incredible ability to adapt and the coconut tree is based on a solid root system. Naya Nature wishes the children to become the seeds of a large movement.