Our story & FOUNDERS
Naya Nature was shaped by the vision of Aurélia Chevreul-Gaud that we could leverage a deeper connection to nature for children, so that they grow happier and into well-adjusted adults. In a world they feel they belong to, that they love and want to protect for their own good sake. Joining Naya Nature’s adventure, Claire Bano Devautour brings in invaluable knowledge of education and child development. From this vision and unique pedagogy, Naya Nature became a Foundation, spreading nature-based education for the sake of children, schools, families and communities. We are on a mission to empower children to change the world!
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.
– Rob Siltanen –
I believe in enthusiasm, inclusion and time as a course of action to lead any change.
- Founded Naya Nature in 2017
- Specialized in nature-based education and wonder-based teaching: Eveil & Nature + Living School + ISA CDLT
- Was a change-management consultant for ten years, director of training and trainer.
- From France. Speaks French, English and Spanish.
- TEDx Will Nature save our Kids?
Co-Founder and President
I feel an urgent need to engage children, today, in the construction of their future world. I believe that we bear the responsibility to give children the environment they need to blossom, develop their infinite potential, creativity and ‘joie de vivre’. Nature offers an endless wealth of wonders and a lifetime of benefits. I created Naya Nature Foundation to bring back children into nature. The task is huge. To succeed, I rely on what I learnt in my career as a professional change-maker. I believe enthusiasm, inclusion and time are essential components to lead any change. The changes taking place today will shape the lives of our children tomorrow.
Taking part of the Naya Nature journey gives me the opportunity to work towards the accomplishment of two of my most important life-objectives:
1. Develop, use and spread the methods of positive education for a happier childhood.
2. Encourage and foster love and connection with nature.
My background is that of a teacher, an educator and an education counselor. I worked for the Eco-Schools program in France and contributed to developing an eco-center in India. I am addicted to fresh air and green spaces. When I am mediating in the field, (re)connecting children with nature, I feel hopeful for our future.
Claire Bano Devautour
When I am mediating in the field, (re)connecting children with nature, I feel hopeful for our future.
- Education counsellor & Nature Mediator
- Trained in early childhood education and Wonder-based teaching. Master in Counselling and Mediation in Education, Certified First Aid provider for children.
- Codeveloped Naya Nature since 2017.
- Was an open-school project executive in India and worked for Eco-Schools in France
- From France. Speaks French, English, Spanish, Dutch
WHY NAYA ?
In native american language, Naya means wisdom, spirit, guide. It is for us a symbol of the way we look at children and the harmony between humans and nature.
WHY COCONUTS ?
The coconut seed has an incredible ability to adapt and the coconut tree is based on a solid root system. Naya Nature wishes the children to become the seeds of a large movement.
- Aurélia Chevreul-Gaud, President
- Judith Chopin Duijn, General Board Member
- Guilhem Devautour, Secretary
- Anthony Chevreul, Treasurer